Anesthesia & Analgesia Formulary
- Formulary References
- Dilution Instructions for Various Analgesics
- Analgesia Recommendations for Rodents for Burr Hole Craniotomy
- Rodent Analgesia Service
- Pain and Distress Assessment and Reduction
- 1999-010-v Use of Sedatives, Analgesics, and Anesthetics
- 2008-035-v Standards for Surgical and Post-surgical Care of Research Animals
- 2016-058-c Veterinary Verification and Consultation
- 2017-060-v Use of Expired Substances
- 2003-019-v Medical, Surgical, Anesthetic Records for Research Animals
Knowing and using the appropriate anesthetics and analgesics is a critical aspect of the proper care and use of animals in research.
This formulary lists dosages for many of the more commonly used anesthetics and analgesics and is meant as a guide for protocol preparation. Doses are approximations; you must titrate to the animal's strain, age, sex and individual responses and adjust depending on what other drugs are administered concurrently.
Consult with an RARC veterinarian before significantly departing from these dosages. Discuss any drug not listed in the formulary with your RARC lab animal veterinarian.
|Too many results!|