RARC trainers provide required species and surgical training and can also assist you with:
- Learning new blood draws, injections or other procedures with your research animals
- Refining or practicing your current techniques
- Surgical skills, including suturing, sterile technique, and draping
- Correct use of your anesthesia equipment
- Tissue collection and pathology needs
- Animal behavior, including training your animals to cooperate with procedures
For a list of the current courses and training we offer, visit Courses.
New to animal research at UW? Visit Getting Started to learn about the required training.