CARES Fund Reimbursement
Donate to the CARES fund
Gifts can be made directly to the CARES fund via the UW Foundation by check, online, and other ways.
1. Visit the UW Foundation website
2. Under "How to Give" at the top of the window, choose "Make a Gift" and follow the on-screen instructions.
Clearly identify your gift for the "CARES fund" or "fund 12446392." Without this information, your gift will go into a general fund and not directly to the CARES fund.
You can get quickly reimbursed for AALAS certification examination fees through the CARES fund.
Before getting reimbursed you must take and pass an AALAS certification exam for Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT), Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT), or Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG). After that, getting reimbursed is a simple, straightforward process:
Complete the application form on the right-hand side of this page and gather two items:
- Proof of passing an AALAS examination
- A receipt showing the paid examination expenses
Send the form, proof of passing, and receipt to RARC, Attn: Melissa Hunsley, 396 Enzyme Institute, 1710 University Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53726
Complete an e-reimbursement request
- Go to Expense Reimbursement
- Select Guided Expense Tool (GET).
- Select New Expense Report.
- Select "No" for "Is this a travel-related expense report" and hit NEXT.
- Select Training and Educational Courses from the pull down menu and hit NEXT.
- Give this expense report the title "CARES Reimburse."
- Type "_I am a (Animal Research Technician or Veterinary Technician) working with the College of ___________in the ___________(type in your Dept and location). I passed a certification exam from the American Association of Lab Animal Sciences (AALAS). This certification has become a common requirement in the industry for lab animal care positions._" in the justification box.
- Click "Save and Continue."
- Select the "Set Funding" button under the Funding header.
- Enter the information exactly as it appears below and click "I'm Done."
- Select "Add Expense category."
- Select "Job Training."
- * Enter the date, the amount of the reimbursement (this must match the receipt you provide), type "AALAS" in the Vendor Name box, and select the Location where you took the exam.
- * When finished hit the "Submit for Approval" tab.
- Review the Statement of Accountability and click "I Agree."
- RARC will review the online request and compare it to the submitted receipts. If everything matches, we will approve the request.
- Once approved you will receive an email, and in a few days you will see a direct deposit to your bank account where your payroll check is deposited.
Contact Melissa Hunsley with questions.